If there’s one thing I can’t resist, it’s a project. Recently, I tackled Operation Closet Overhaul, which involved ruthless elimination of tired togs and two hugely cathartic trips to Goodwill.
Now I find myself at a very perilous intersection. I have a row of empty hangers and a stylistic case of spring fever (which, as usual, arrived on December 26).
To make matters worse, this season we’re facing down an army of charming spring dresses. Here’s a tiny sampling of what’s to come:
1. Candy-striped cuteness from Kate Spade. Can you stand it?
2. The Celia dress from Mr. Marc Jacobs, which demands chunky turquoise accessories and a wedge heel.
3. An adorable polka-dot number humming a siren song over at Nordstrom.
4. A ridiculously smart shift from the mad genius known as Milly.
5. And finally, the piece de resistance. An astronomically priced, out-of-the-question Chloe dress that I can’t get out of my head.
I think we all need a cache of cardigans to throw over our fun frocks…