Then (and only then) will you be ready to study each gown like a forensics expert combing a crime scene.
Did you notice the astonishing lack of black dresses? Even Angelina Jolie came in color. We’re having a spate of summery weather here in SoCal – maybe that’s what inspired starlets and their stylists to choose a rainbow of vibrant hues.
Now, about those rants and raves…
- Claire Danes absolutely killed it. The pink Calvin Klein number pictured above was my favorite gown of the night.
- Sofia Vegara and January Jones both rocked fiery reds. (For me, JJ’s tasteful hairdo totally saved the look.)
- Kyra Sedgwick looked so pretty in Pucci. I loved her accessories and easy, confident demeanor.
- I know she’s on a lot of worst-dressed lists, but I quite liked Sandra Bullock’s gown. I think if she’d worn her hair up, we’d all be swooning.
- In a room full of bare shoulders, Leighton Meester looked lovely and unique.
- Catherine Zeta Jones wore an emerald ball gown fit for a wicked queen, but my favorite green dress belonged to Miss Mila Kunis.
- On behalf of Michelle Williams, I’m not speaking to Valentino. What in the name of fashion happened here?
- Poor Jennifer Love Hewitt looks like she’s going to prom at the Ramada. Again.
- Julianne Moore and Christina Hendricks both risked being eaten by their gowns.
- The wrong fabric and a frumpy cut did no favors for my beloved Tina Fey.
- Nicole Kidman chose the most boring dress on the planet. Remember the lavender Prada of yesteryear? She used to have such style!
- Halle Berry and Christina Aguilera were competing in a tramp-a-thon. There are no winners here.
- I’m not sure about the giant bow on Piper Perabo’s shoulder, but her hair and makeup are straight out of the Annabel Manners playbook.
- What did you think of Emma Stone’s new look? I liked the dress but I’m dying to put a belt on it just to give her some shape.
- Obviously Natalie Portman is stunning, but the red rose didn’t work for me. Too costume-y.
- This dress is gorgeous, but it’s just too severe on tiny, fair-skinned Jayma Mays.
Talk to me, dear readers. What were your favorite (and un-favorite) looks?