One thing I love about Atlanta:
When you go out to dinner on a Saturday night, you can bet your Jimmy Choos every man in the restaurant will be wearing a sport coat.
(We have that phenomenon here in Los Angeles, of course. You just have to go to awedding to see it.)
Having not laid eyes on my family since Christmas, I slipped off to the ATL for a much-needed weekend visit. What a treat! A few highlights:
- Giant magnolias in bloom all over the city. The kind you want to pluck and float in antique crystal bowls because they smell so divine.
- Shopping with Mama Manners. Remember how I told y’all about Elizabeth McKay? I tried on heaps of her clothes at Poppy’s, and they’re made just as beautifully as I suspected. I’m now the proud owner of one of her adorable skirts.
- Listening to beach music and having a cocktail on my parents’ screened-in porch.
- An unforgettable dinner at Bacchanalia, which rivals fine dining in the City of Angels.
- Squealing over every single thing at Boxwoods, a fabulous home, garden, and gift store. I want to move right in!
I came home full of blog inspiration, so stay tuned to AnnabelManners.com.
Have a wonderful week, everybody!